- Hindi News
- Smart City Mission | 28 Percent Project Incomplete Deadline Extended Till June 2024
New Delhi9 hours ago
- copy link
The picture is of a township built under the Smart City Project in Pune.
28% of the projects of Smart City Mission are still incomplete. To fulfill them, the government has extended the deadline of the mission till June 2024. The projects related to the mission started in June 2018. The target was to complete them by June 2023.
1,07,000 crore in selected smart cities under the mission. (60% of the cost) have been incurred. Remaining 40% amount has to be completed to complete 28% incomplete works. 75% of projects in 50 cities will be completed by June 30. The government claims that 80% of the projects in metro cities have been completed.
Projects were to be completed in 5 years, slow pace increased the deadline
The pace of work is a bit slow in small towns. An official associated with the mission said that in many cities the work started after a delay of 18 months. Due to this, there has been a need to increase the deadline. Earlier these projects were to be completed in 5 years, now it will take 6 years.
what happened so far
- 15,006 crore in 53 cities. 232 projects were completed in public private partnership, which include works like multimodal transport hub, common mobility, multilevel car parking.
- 38,000 crore has been given by the Center to 100 smart cities. Issued. 71,000 crore from the state governments. amount has been released. Out of this, 90% amount has been spent.
- India’s current urban population is 460 million, which will double in the next 25 years. 500 lakh crore in the coming years due to increasing urbanization in the cities. An investment of Rs.