Last Updated : 09 Sep, 2022 03:43 PM
Every run scored by Indian cricketer Virat Kohli in international cricket is becoming a milestone. In that way, his century against Afghanistan in the ongoing Asia Cup series has broken various records and achieved new milestones. Let’s look at it in detail.
Kohli scored his first century after almost 3 years. He ended his international century drought in Dubai. He scored 122 runs off 61 balls. This is his first century in international T20 cricket. Some of the achievements and milestones achieved by him are:
- Virat is the highest run scorer in T20 international cricket. With this, he has overtaken Rohit Sharma. Rohit scored the highest 118 runs in T20 cricket against Sri Lanka.
- Kohli has reached the milestone of being the first Indian player to score a century in all three formats, next to Raina, Rohit and Rahul in the RRR lineup.
- He is the sixth Indian player to score a century in international T20 cricket.
- Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has scored 71 centuries in international cricket. Kohli has equalized it. He is second among the batsmen who have scored the most centuries. Tendulkar is at the top with 100 centuries.
- He is the second Indian player to hit 100 sixes in international T20 cricket.
- Kohli has become the second batsman to cross 3500 runs in international T20 cricket.
- He is the seventh batsman to score 24000 international runs across all three formats. Tendulkar and Dravid have achieved the same feat before.
- He holds the record of being the highest run scorer in Asia Cup history by an Indian batsman (1042 runs).
- Kohli has won the man of the match award the most times in international T20 cricket. With this, Afghan player Mohammad Nabi has equaled the record. Both have won the man of the match award 13 times.
Don’t miss out!