In the Engels district of the Saratov region, a family consisting of two adults and two children was poisoned by an unknown substance. According to preliminary data, it was a means to fight cockroaches, said the regional Minister of Health Oleg Kostin.
It was established that on the evening of Saturday, April 1, a one-year-old boy, an eight-year-old girl, a 31-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man were hospitalized from a hostel in the village of Awakening. They were in moderate condition.
The children are in the Saratov Regional Children’s Hospital. The parents refused hospitalization.
On the fact of the incident, the Investigative Committee of the TFR in the region is conducting an inspection, writes the Vzglyad-info news agency.
Earlier, on March 18, it was reported that an outbreak of an acute intestinal infection was recorded among participants in a sports camp in Serpukhov. 25 people were poisoned, of which 23 were children. They were all residents of the same hostel.