- The capital of India, Delhi, is also in the United States
- The capital of Telangana is Hyderabad in Pakistan
- Not only in Bihar but also in Patna and Ang Scotland
1. Delhi, India | Delhi, United States of America
Delhi, the capital of India, does not need a special introduction, but you will be shocked to know that there is another Delhi in the United States with the same name and pronunciation.
2. Patna, Bihar | Patna, Scotland
Patna, the capital city of Bihar, shares its name with the lush green village of East Ayrshire in Scotland in the United Kingdom.
Also read: Where can I find the most expensive biryani, burger and french fries in the world?
3. Kochi, Kerala | Cochin, Japan
Kochi, popularly known as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, is a popular tourist destination in Kerala, India’s coastal state of India. In addition, their Kochi is a tourist destination in Japan just like ours.
4. Calcutta, West Bengal | Calcutta, United States of America
Calcutta (now Kolkata) is the capital city of West Bengal. It shares its name with a rural town located in Ohio, United States.
5. Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh | Lucknow, United States of America
The city of the Nawabs and the capital of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow shares its name with the small town of USA. Castle in the Clouds, Lucknow, United States is a 16,500-room mountain estate mansion located on 5,500 acres.
6. Hyderabad, Telangana | Hyderabad, Pakistan
Hyderabad, the capital of the Indian state of Telangana, is a major IT hub. Our Hyderabad shares its name with Hyderabad, Pakistan, located 140 km east of Karachi, the second largest city (by population) in the Sindh Province of Pakistan.
7. Salem, Tamil Nadu | Salem, United States of America
The coastal city of Salem is located on the banks of the river Thirumanimuthar in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The other Salem city is in Essex County, Massachusetts, United States.
Also Read: 5 dishes that even millionaires think is second to none
8. Indore, Madhya Pradesh | Indore, United States of America
Indore, the cleanest city in India, shares its name with Indore, West Virginia, USA. The city of America derives its name from the Hebrew word endor, meaning “spring or immigration area.”
9. Dhaka, Bihar | Dhaka, Bangladesh
Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh, one of the most famous cities in the world. The place of the same name in Bihar has the significance of an assembly constituency.
10. Bali, Rajasthan | Bali, Indonesia
Bali is a small town in the Pali district of Rajasthan, the second largest city in Indonesia. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Indonesia.
Also read: Not from France! 10 Things You Have Never Heard About French Fries
11. Thane, Maharashtra | Thane, Australia
Thane, also known as the ‘City of Lakes’ is an Indian city located in the state of Maharashtra. Another Thane is a town located in the Southern Down Region of Queensland, Australia.
12. Faridkot, Punjab | Faridkot, Pakistan
It is one of the 22 districts of the Indian state of Punjab and the second largest village in Pakistan.
13. Madras, India | Madras, Oregon, USA
The city of Madras in India (now known as Chennai) is the capital of Tamil Nadu. Madras, a city in Oregon, USA, was not known by that name. It was originally called ‘The Basin’. It was renamed ‘Madras’ in 1903 after the cotton fabric ‘Madras’ came from Madras, India.
14. Surat, Gujarat | Surat, Australia
Surat, Australia is a rural town on the banks of the Balon River in Gujarat, India.
15. Bombay, India | Bombay, USA
Bombay (now known as Mumbai) is one of the largest cities in India. But there is a town called Bombay in the northwest of Franklin County, New York, USA.