In the area of the village of Prishib, Zaporozhye region, a grouping of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (APU) of 40 thousand people was recorded. This was announced on Thursday, March 9, by the Acting Governor of the region Evgeny Balitsky.
“We see this grouping, scattered. We understand that this force will go somewhere,” he said on the air of the Russia 24 TV channel.
At the same time, Balitsky stressed that Russian troops had organized a double line of defense in the Zaporozhye region, and the army was ready to repel a possible counterattack from Ukraine.
Earlier in the day, the interim governor of the region noted that the authorities monitor the supply of the army and help in matters of provision. So, according to him, in January-February alone, about 400 million rubles were spent on the needs of the RF Armed Forces.
On March 6, the chairman of the movement “We are together with Russia”, a member of the main council of the regional administration, Volodymyr Rogov, said that the Zaporozhye region was ready to contain a possible spring offensive by Ukrainian troops.
On February 24, 2022, Russia launched a special operation to protect Donbass. The decision was made against the background of the aggravation of the situation in the region as a result of shelling by the Ukrainian military.
For more up-to-date videos and details about the situation in Donbass, watch the Izvestia TV channel.