Roads and railway tracks were severely damaged in Andhra Pradesh as the rains lashed the state. This brought the transport system to a standstill. The worst affected districts are Rayalaseema. It was during this sequence that several railway tracks were declared damaged. As a result, five trains were canceled on the 24th and 25th of this month, the South Central Railway said. The Railways said track restoration work was underway due to rains. Five trains were canceled on Nellore-Padugupadu in Vijayawada division and Rajampeta-Nandalur and Renigunta-Pudi sections in Guntakal division due to water logging and ongoing repair work, officials said. Also, Madurai-Bikaner, Chennai Central-New Jalpaigudi and Secunderabad-Gorakhpur trains have been canceled. Hyderabad-Gorakhpur-HS Nanded-Manmad special trains will run on July 25, 26, 27 and 28 this month.
6 trains restorationMeanwhile, six trains running on Wednesday were restored, South Central Railway officials said.
- The Tirupati-Hazrat Nizamuddin (12707) train will resume on Wednesday
- Chennai Central-Mumbai CSMT (22160) train resumed on Wednesday
- Mumbai CSMT-Chennai Central (22159) train resumption on Wednesday
- The Chennai Central-Ahmedabad (22919) train will resume on Wednesday
- Chennai Central-Mumbai LTT (12164) train resumed on Wednesday
- Mumbai LTT-Chennai Central (12163) train resumed on Wednesday