The military of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) are increasingly dissatisfied with the forced transition to defense. The British newspaper Independent reported this on Tuesday, December 19.
“When winter comes, they [бойцы ВСУ. — Ред.] They worry that Russia is better equipped to fight and are frustrated that they are back on the defensive in a grueling conflict.
In addition, the publication notes that if previously dissatisfaction among Ukrainian soldiers with the situation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was quite rare, now it has become widespread and obvious.
As the newspaper pointed out, in Kyiv the confrontation between the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valery Zaluzhny and the President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky has escalated. The mayor of Kyiv, Vitaliy Klitschko, will also be drawn into this showdown.
The publication notes that ordinary soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are increasingly worried about the erroneous decisions of the bureaucracy, on which they depend for supply matters.
Earlier, on December 19, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, during an extended meeting of the department’s board, announced the losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, which since the beginning of the special operation exceeded 383 thousand military personnel killed and wounded. The head of the Ministry of Defense said that the Russian Armed Forces destroyed more than 5,800 foreign mercenaries, of which 1,427 were from Poland, 466 from the USA, 344 from Great Britain. Also on the territory of Ukraine, 103 war criminals who showed particular cruelty were eliminated.
On the same day, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the Ukrainian Armed Forces were suffering significant losses; Kyiv had already squandered its reserves, “trying to show the owner results.” In addition, the head of state pointed out the collapsed myth about the invulnerability of Western military equipment.
On December 14, the director of the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) of Russia, Sergei Naryshkin, said that the counter-offensive of the Ukrainian Armed Forces turned out to be a complete failure. The Kiev regime did not achieve any success on the battlefield, but at the same time suffered sensitive, partly irreparable losses in manpower and military equipment, the head of the SVR clarified.
The special operation to protect Donbass, the beginning of which was announced by Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 24, 2022, continues. The decision to hold it was made against the backdrop of an aggravation of the situation in the region due to shelling by the Ukrainian military.