khaskhabar.com : Thursday, 09 November 2023 4:07 PM
New Delhi. Live video chat platform Omegle, which came into controversy after a BBC investigation in 2021, has been shut down. A BBC investigation found that children were exposing themselves to strangers on the website.
The website was founded in 2009 by 18-year-old programmer and high school student Leif K-Brooks. During the pandemic, this website became popular not only in America, Mexico and UK but also in India.
Omegle used to link people for virtual video and text chats, and claimed to be the moderator. Thousands of users were also from India.
In a blog post, Kay-Brooks said that for years, people have used Omegle to explore foreign cultures, get advice about their lives from unbiased third parties, and reduce loneliness.
However, he said that Omegle has lost this battle, but the war against the Internet continues.
“As much as I wish the circumstances had been different, they turned out to be different,” Kay-Brooks wrote. Omegle’s operations are no longer sustainable either economically or psychologically. “To be honest, I don’t want to have a heart attack at 30.”
Schools and law authorities in several countries had issued warnings about the website.
The Independent reported, “Despite the website’s disclaimer that users must be over 18, and that users aged 13 to 18 should use the site with parental permission, age verification on the site Not there.”
read this also – Click to read the news of your state/city before the newspaper.