The Central Government has announced a 78-day bonus for railway employees on the occasion of Diwali. Details including who gets the bonus and how much bonus have been announced. Important information about:
* Productivity based bonus equal to 78 days pay for fiscal year 2020-21.
* Provided to all eligible railway employees except RPF and RBSF personnel.
* The cost of providing 78 days bonus to railway employees is estimated at Rs 1984.73 crore.
* The pay ceiling for calculating bonus for eligible employees who are not in the Gazette is Rs.7000.
* A railway employee will be paid a maximum of Rs 17,951 for 78 days.
* 11.56 lakh railway employees are expected to benefit from this.
* This bonus will be given before the Dasara / Puja holiday.
* 78 days pay bonus for the financial years 2010-11 to 2019-20.
* Product-based bonus equal to 78 days pay in 2020-21.
* Non-officers working in the Indian Railways are given annual bonuses during Diwali and Dussehra.