Here’s how to use Gmail when you do not have an internet connection. Please note that this setting can only be used with Google Chrome.
1. Type mail.google.com. Gmail Offline only works when browsing in standard mode without internet access. Offline Gmail does not work in the Incognito window.
2. When you get to your inbox click on ‘Settings’ or ‘Cogwheel’ button
3. Select ‘See All Settings’
4. When the page opens, select the ‘Offline’ option
5. Check the box next to ‘Enable Offline Mail’. Gmail will display the new settings if you click on the check box.
6. Select the ‘Syndax’ box for how many days Gmail should show e-mail.
7. Google will show you how much space is left on your computer. You can choose whether to retain the offline data on the computer or to delete it. The computer must have space. Also, by clicking on the ‘Download Attachments’ box below, the attachment files, including the images that accompany the email, will be downloaded. So those who have less space should uncheck this box.
8. After you have been instructed to save or delete offline data, click on Save Changes.
Offline Gmail will be active on your computer once you save the settings.