K-Smart will be deployed in all the corporations and municipalities of the state in the first phase. K-Smart will be extended to Gram Panchayats on April 1, 2024. Meanwhile, the steps to complete the registration of K-Smart application quickly are detailed below.
To complete one-time registration on K-Smart
Registration through the app
- An application called ‘KSMART – LOCAL SELF GOVERNMENT’ can be found on Google Play Store. Click on it.
- With this the application will be downloaded on the mobile. It says Open. Click there.
- Then you will see ‘Get started’. Click there.
- At the bottom of the page that opens, you can see ‘Create account’. Click there.
- Then you will see a space to add your mobile number. Enter the phone number there. Below you will see ‘Get OTP’. Click on it.
- ‘OTP’ will be received as an SMS on your mobile. After entering it click on ‘Register’.
- There will be a request to add Aadhaar number. Add your Aadhaar number in it. With this one more ‘OTP’ will be received on the phone.
- After entering that ‘OTP’ and ‘Register’ your KSMART registration is complete.
Once registered with K-Smart, if you want to login later, just open the K-Smart application downloaded on the mobile and enter your phone number. Then enter the received OTP to get access to the app. Then you can apply for the required services.
Registration through website
K-Smart’s website link is https://ksmart.lsgkerala.gov.in/ui/web-portal. Registration can be done by clicking on the top right side of the homepage that appears. First enter the Aadhaar number in the given space. Then you will get an OTP on the mobile which is linked with Aadhaar. After entering it you will see the name in Aadhaar card. This completes the registration. Then a screen asking for mobile number will appear. Enter the mobile number here once again. After verifying the OTP again and entering the email id and WhatsApp number, the use of K-smart will be ready.
Now is the digital age
You can now apply online for your required services and complaints from the comfort of your home. Through the K-Smart application, one can also know the latest status of the services and complaints submitted online. For this, a handwritten receipt at the time of submission of the application/complaint, an integrated messaging system available on the complainant’s or applicant’s login, e-mail and WhatsApp.