Goddess Durga defeated the evil demon king Mahishasura who occupied the three worlds and restored the world of goodness. Therefore, the various aspects of the almighty goddess are observed in the nine days that are part of Vijaya Dashami. The first three days of Navaratri are celebrated by imagining Goddess Parvati, the next three days Lakshmi and the last three days Saraswati.
On the day of Vijayadashami, the first letter is written on the tongue of the children and the weapons and books that have been worshiped are taken back. Also artists make their debut on this day. While Vijayadashami is celebrated in Kerala, the legend behind the celebrations of Vijayadashami in the north and south states of India is different.
Lord Rama’s victory over the demon Ravana is celebrated as Dussehra in North India. This celebration is observed despite the victory of Goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura. Although the legends are many, the message of the festival is one. All these celebrations indicate the victory of good over evil. Vijayadashami is celebrated on 5th of October. Here are some messages and wishes to share with loved ones and friends on this auspicious day.
Also Read: Happy Navratri 2022 Wishes: The next nine days are for devotion; Wish friends on this Navratri celebrations
- Vijayadashami wishes for children who write the first letter of knowledge
- Navratri is a celebration of victory of good over evil. May there be a celebration of goodness in your life too.
- Happy Vijayadashami! May Goddess Durga fulfill all your wishes and grant you good health, success and happiness.
- Let all your problems end this Dussehra. Wishing you peace and hope.
- May this Dussehra remove all darkness and misery from the earth and bring you happiness and prosperity. Happy Vijayadashami!
- May everyone be able to bow down before the goddess of knowledge and fill the mind with the light of wisdom – Navratri Wishes
- Wishing you a thousand good Mahanavami Vijayadashami wishes.
- Let’s continue the journey to the world of light which is Vidya, let’s drive away the darkness which is Anjana, Happy Vijayadashami to all the children!
- May all friends be blessed by Goddess Saraswati, the ruler of prosperity, goodness and wealth of knowledge.
- May the spirit of celebration embrace you with surprises on this special occasion. Happy Dussehra to you!