- Hindi News
- Weather Forecast Update: Rain Orange Alert In Delhi, UP, Punjab, And Haryana
New Delhi21 minutes ago
- copy link
Several parts of Jammu City received heavy hailstorm on Wednesday after heavy rains.
It rained heavily on Wednesday in many districts including Jaipur and Sikar of Rajasthan. There was a huge drop in the temperature in the capital Jaipur. At the same time, hail fell in many parts of Jammu City after heavy rains.
The maximum temperature may decrease by 4-6 degrees over Northwest India in the next 3 days. IMD scientist Soma Sen Roy told that due to the new Western Disturbance, the temperature will drop and the heat wave will reduce. The Meteorological Center (IMD) has issued an orange alert for thunderstorm and hailstorm in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.
IMD scientist RK Jenamani told that heavy rain is expected in the hilly areas in the next 2-3 days. At the same time, thunderstorms can occur in East India.
It rained heavily in Sikar district of Rajasthan on Wednesday. Water filled the streets.
Temperature dropped by 17 degrees in Jaipur
The rain started with stormy winds around 2 pm on Wednesday, which continued till 4 pm. Due to rain in Jaipur, the day temperature dropped from 34 degree to 17 degree. Due to the new weather system activated in North India and the cyclonic circulation formed in the Pakistan-Punjab border, it is raining heavily. On Wednesday morning, parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh also received rain.
A dust storm hit Bikaner district of Rajasthan on Wednesday.
Meteorological Department’s forecast for the next 3 days
- Moderate to heavy rains may occur over Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and West Uttar Pradesh on May 25. Hail can also fall during this time.
- In the capital Delhi, the maximum temperature can come up to 35 degrees on Thursday. This will continue till June 30. The maximum temperature in Delhi had crossed 45 degrees on Monday.
- Rain is expected in Assam, Mizoram, Tripura, Sikkim and Meghalaya till May 26. There may also be heavy rains in many areas. Heavy rains may occur in many areas of Bihar during May 24-25.
- After 24 hours in Central and West India, the temperature will decrease by 2-4 degrees. In the rest of the country, there will not be much change in the temperature during the next 5 days.
There was a fierce storm in Kolkata on Tuesday night. The pitch cover was blown away by the wind at the Eden Gardens stadium.