New Delhi: The Indian Army has announced that the Agni Soldiers Program will now conduct the online first-ever public entrance exam.
In June last year, a plan to select soldiers for the three branches of the defense forces under the Agni Soldiers Scheme was announced. A total of 25,000 people, including 19,000 in the Army and 3,000 each in the Navy and Air Force, are already undergoing training under this scheme.
Training for another 21,000 Agni soldiers is scheduled to begin in March.
341 women are selected and trained in Navy alone. Similarly, Army and Air Force are also planning to select women.
Only 25 percent of these 46,000 Agni soldiers will be selected for the 15-year tenure after the first 4 years of service. The remaining 75 percent will be released with a fund of Rs 11.71 lakh. They will be given reservation to join the auxiliary army forces and state police.
A large number of people appeared for the physical fitness test in the previous exams conducted under the Agni Saikar program. Many problems arose in managing them. So it has been decided to bring a change in the Agni players selection scheme. Henceforth the candidates selected under the Agni Sardar scheme will first conduct an online common entrance test. According to an army officer, physical fitness test and medical test will be conducted only for those selected.
This year the online application registration for the Common Entrance Test under the Agni Pradhan Scheme will begin at the end of this month. It is planned to conduct the physical fitness test for those who qualify in April at 200 locations across the country.
Physical fitness test and medical test will be conducted only if selected.