Phone performance slows down as storage and gallery fill up. In addition, unnecessary storage can also increase. You may also be experiencing this problem and wondering what is the solution. Accordingly, here are some tips to control the automatic storage of your media files.
Default media visibility setting
When you download a media file on WhatsApp it is automatically saved in your phone’s gallery. This media visibility option is turned on by default. To change this setting and avoid media storage do so.
- Tap the three dots seen above for more options
- Go to Settings and then Chats. After this turn off media visibility.
remember This only affects new media files downloaded after this setting is changed. This does not apply to already downloaded media files.
Do this to stop saving media from all your individual and group chats
- Tap More options.
- Go to Settings and then Chats
- Turn off the Media Visibility option here
This will avoid automatically saving media in all your WhatsApp chats and help you maintain a clean gallery.
Follow these steps if you want to customize the media visibility of specific chats or groups.
- Open a private chat or group
- Tap More options and click View contact or group info option
- Also tap the contact name or group subject
- Tap Media Visibility. Here select `No’ and confirm OK
This allows you to personalize Media Visibility’s settings for specific chats. Gives you more control over what gets saved to your gallery. By all these steps you can avoid WhatsApp from filling up your gallery or storage.