But, don’t worry, there is a solution for this. Google Photos is an amazing tool that helps you keep your precious memories safe while also reducing your phone storage. How to reduce our collection…? Here is the step by step information.
Back it up and make it free
- Open the Google Photos app and tap your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select “Photos Settings” and “Backup and Sync” option.
- Make sure that “Backup and Sync” is turned on. This ensures that your photos are stored safely in the cloud and frees up space on your phone.
- Tap on “Free Up Space”. Google Photos will then identify photos and videos that can be safely deleted from your phone and show you that they are already backed up to the cloud.
- Review the photos again and tap ‘Free Up’ to remove them from your device.
Using the ‘Suggest Deletion’ tool
The “Suggest Deletion” feature identifies blurry, similar or outdated photos and gives you the option to delete or archive them (add them to the cloud without using up space on your phone). To access this option, first go to the “Library” tab in the Google Photos app and tap on the “Utilities” option. Select ‘Suggest Deletion’ and review the photos. You can delete them individually, delete them all, or archive them all.
Archive large videos
Videos occupy a significant amount of storage space. So, move your large videos archive to the cloud by tapping and long-holding on the videos in the Google Photos app.
Using the “search” function
Google Photos’ powerful search function helps you quickly find photos by a specific person, place, or event. It helps to identify and delete duplicate photos or unwanted ones.
In addition, Google Photos automatically creates a collection of themed “Memories”. It aggregates related photos and videos. It helps you to rediscover old photo videos and decide whether to keep or delete them.