Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to enable the ad privacy setting in Chrome and get an ad experience tailored to your preferences.
Accessing ad privacy settings:
- Locate the Chrome application on your device and open it.
- At the top right corner of the Chrome interface you will see three vertical dots. Tap on these dots to open the menu. Then select Settings.
- Scroll down in the Settings menu and tap on ‘Privacy and Security’. This option allows you to control various aspects of your online privacy.
- In the ‘Privacy and Security’ section you will see an option called ‘Add Privacy’. Tap on it to access ad privacy setting.
Ad Features Management:
Once you access the ad privacy setting, you can manage specific ad features according to your preferences. For that you have to do this.
In the “Ad Privacy” or Ad Privacy section you will find a list of ad features that can be turned on or off. These features determine how Chrome handles your ad-related information. So by tapping on it you can choose the ad feature you want to customize.
Ad Content Management:
Chrome personalizes your ad experience by observing your interest based on the websites you visit and how often you visit that website. It can share three things from websites to ensure you see relevant ads. However, if you don’t like the shared content, you can block it. You must do so to block certain ad content from being shared with websites.
- Open the Chrome app on your device.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner of Chrome to open the menu. Then select ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down in the Settings menu and tap on “Privacy and Security”.
- Within the “Privacy and Security” section you will see “Add Privacy” and “Add Topics” options. Tap on “Ad Topics” or Ad Topics to manage your ad interests.
- Under the option ‘Your Topics’ or ‘Your Topics’ you will see a list of some topics based on your recent browsing history. Here you can choose the things you want to block.
Other points to note:
- The list of topics may take some time to appear as it is based on your recent browsing history.
- Some websites may not support this feature. Once they don’t accept this feature, that content may not even appear on your list.
- To check if Chrome has shared your interests from a particular site, go to the site, tap on the lock icon in the address bar and select “Add privacy” here.