What you need to know:
The debts of Infonavit loans processed before 2016 will increase from 2024 due to inflation.
Have you already found out? According to the Institute of the National Housing Fund for Workers (Infonavit), In 2024 the debt of some of their credits will increase due to inflation, but they will be able to avoid it if they change to pesos… Achis, achis, how do you do that?
Infonavit credit debt will increase
It was the same general director of InfonavitCarlos Martínez, who warned on social networks that Debts on loans processed before 2016 will increase in January 2024 due to inflation.
Yes, this official gave the following example: If in December 2023 you owe about 100 thousand pesos, and inflation is 6%, your debt will be 106 thousand pesos in January 2024.
Because? In accordance with the Instituteif you got your credit before 2016, it is very likely that it can be called Times Minimum Wage (VSM). But… to prevent your monthly payment and debt balance from increasing annually, You can convert your financing before the end of this year.
How can you change your Infonavit credit debt to pesos?
According to Infonavit, to prevent your credit debt from increasing the following year due to inflation, they have to convert it from VSM to pesos through the Universal Shared Responsibility Windowin My Infonavit Account.
Eye! This can only be done from the 9th to the last day of each month.
To do this, they have to follow the following steps:
- Register or log in to My Infonavit Account
- Choose the “My Credit” section and then “Shared Responsibility”
- Enter the state and zip code of the house you purchased
- Confirm the conversion of your VSM credit to pesos, save the “Welcome Letter” and the “Modifying Letter to the Financial Conditions” with the amount of the new monthly payment
- In case you have a restructuring, you will have to accept its cancellation on the same platform to be able to make the conversion
And what are the benefits?
- Monthly payments and fixed balances throughout the agreed term, without annual increases
- Access to the lowest interest rates in the mortgage market, depending on your income level (from 1.00% to 10.45%)
- The employer contribution is paid directly to the capital amount of the debt, if you have an employment relationship
Now you know how to prevent your Infonavit credit debt from increasing in 2024.
It may interest you
Everything you didn’t know . .