The Russian military organized an offensive in two directions at once in the Zaporozhye region – in the area of \u200b\u200bthe cities of Orekhov and Gulyaipole. This was reported to RIA Novosti on January 22 by the chairman of the movement “We are with Russia” Vladimir Rogov.
He noted that active clashes were taking place in these areas, and that the Russian military had the initiative.
On the eve of January 21, Rogov said that the first line of defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in certain sectors of the front in the Zaporozhye region had been hacked in the Zaporozhye direction. He stressed that active hostilities continue.
According to him, during the day, Russian troops advanced to a depth of about 7 km in the Zaporozhye direction.
On January 21, Rogov also said that the Russian military was suppressing the positions of Ukrainian militants on the line of contact in the Zaporozhye region in Orekhovo, Gulyaipole and Kamensky. He noted that after the transfer of Lobkove under Russian control, it will also be more difficult for Ukrainian units to keep Kamenskoe and Orekhov.
Earlier that day, Izvestia correspondent Roman Polshakov showed directly from the front line how the Russian army was advancing in the Zaporozhye direction.
The special operation to protect the Donbass, the beginning of which Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on February 24, continues. The decision was made against the background of the aggravation of the situation in the region due to shelling by the Ukrainian military.
For more up-to-date videos and details about the situation in Donbass, watch the Izvestia TV channel.