Dhanbad: 6 people, including a medical couple, died in a fire at a Jharkhand hospital.
Hazra Hospital is located in Burana Bazar area of Dhanbad District, Jharkhand. A fire broke out on the 2nd floor yesterday night due to an electrical leak. The fire spread to the first floor. As there was no fire extinguisher, the entire first floor was engulfed in smoke. Due to this, the people who were sleeping there could not escape. Dr. Vikas Hazra, his wife Dr. Prema Hazra and 6 other hospital staff died due to suffocation due to the smoke zone.
On hearing the incident of fire in the hospital, the fire brigade rushed to douse the fire. The rescue work started there immediately. Firefighters rescued 9 people alive from inside the hospital building. They have been admitted to nearby Badaliputra Hospitals and are undergoing treatment.
What is the reason?
Firefighters inspected the hospital where the fire occurred. The hospital is equipped with fire extinguishers and equipment. But the firemen found that they were not working. The fire brigade said that the safety deficiencies of the hospital were the reason for the huge fire accident and the loss of life of 6 people.