The Chandigarh star was snapped up by Gujarat in a fierce bidding war with UP Warriors. Within minutes Gautham owns Vrinda Dinesh’s record of fetching Rs 1.3 crore in this auction itself.
Who is Kashvi Gautam?
Kashvi Gautam first became famous in Indian cricket in 2020. This Chandigarh pacer shocked everyone by taking 10 wickets against Arunachal Pradesh in the domestic U-19 ODI match. This performance included a hat-trick.
Kashvi Gautam’s name was also registered in last year’s auction but it was unsold due to lack of demand. But after this Kashvi focused on increasing his speed as per the advice of experts and slowly started to grow as one of the best bowlers in the country. Kashvi Gautam took 12 wickets from seven games in the recent Women’s T20 Trophy. This player was also a part of the Indian team who became champions in the ACC Emerging Tournament held in Hong Kong.
Also Read: Sanju’s brilliant captaincy, and surprising batsmen and bowlers; Kerala in the quarter with a huge win
Notable purchases at auction so far
* Australian player Foff Litchfield to Gujarat Giants for Rs 1 Crore
* England star Danny Wyatt in UP Warriors for 30 lakhs
* Australian star Annabelle Sutherland in Delhi Capitals for Rs 2 crore
* Shabnam Ismail to Mumbai Indians for Rs 1.2 crore
* Ekta Bisht to Royal Challengers Bangalore for 60 lakhs
* Vrinda Dinesh to UP Warriors for Rs 1.3 crore
Read Latest Sports News and Malayalam News