What you need to know:
América, super leader of the tournament, will face León, a team with which it has a negative record in direct confrontations in the league
The path to the title is defined! After playing the controversial play-in, The quarterfinal matches in the Liga MX are ready. So let’s talk here How the Apertura 2023 league matches were.
How did the Liga MX quarterfinals turn out?
Remember that In the Liga MX, the quarterfinal matches are defined by the position in the table at the end of the regular tournament. First place against eighth, second against seventh and so on.
That’s why first let’s review How the top eight places in Apertura 2023 finished:
- 1.- America, 40 points
- 2.- Monterrey, 33 points
- 3.- Tigers, 30 points
- 4.- Pumas, 28 points
- 5.- Chivas, 27 points
- 6.- Puebla, 25 points
- 7.- Atlético de San Luis, 23 points
- 8.- León, 23 points
Already with the positions in the table The quarterfinal matches in the Liga MX were defined:
- America vs León
- Monterrey vs Atlético de San Luis
- Tigres vs Puebla
- Pumas vs Chivas
When is the league played?
We already have the dates and times of the league. The parties The first leg begins on Wednesday, November 29 and Thursday, November 30, and the return matches begin on Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3.
The background to the quarterfinals of the league
Now that we know everything about the Apertura 2023 league, let’s try to give ourselves some air who could advance to the next round. Of course, the favorites must be those who were in the best position in the table, but The antecedents usually set trends and here we review those of the 4 confrontations.
- America vs León: La Fiera rules with three series wins in 5 matches. But be careful, because the two times that América beat León in the league was precisely in the quarterfinals.
- Monterrey vs San Luis: They have only met once in the final phase, but it was a single-match playoff. San Luis came out with the victory at Rayados’ home after drawing them 2-2 and defeating them on penalties 3-1.
- Tigres vs Puebla: They have only faced each other in the league twice and each emerged victorious in one. However, the time that Puebla beat Tigres in the quarterfinals was in the now distant 2001.
- Pumas vs Chivas: Another even duel, both have won 2 league series in the 4 matches they have had in the final phase. But there is an interesting fact: when Chivas eliminated Pumas they could not win the league, while when the university team eliminated Chivas, they ended up being crowned champions of the Liga MX.
It may interest you
Everything you didn’t know you need to know can be found at Sopitas.com