Sixth day of agrarian protests for the farmers strike. This new day takes place more calmly than the previous ones, although with some cuts in Seville, specifically around the AP-4. The number of roads and roads affected are less than this Saturday. The reasons that led to the stoppages, which began this Tuesday, are not a thing of now. Farm workers have been warning for months that the drought was harming their crops. What’s more, some have gone so far as to claim that the field was practically dead. Same situation in Europe. The first to stand up, never better said, were the French. At the end of January they began to blockade the country, cutting off traffic on some of the main roads. Then the Belgians and Portuguese followed them. A few weeks later, the blockade has reached Spain. The workers have organized via WhatsApp, leaving aside the strike called this Thursday by the main agricultural organizations. The demonstrations today fulfill their sixth day with retentions in several provinces, which can be follow live on the following map.
How long will the farmers’ strike last?, some wonder about the situation of the roads in Spain. The truth is that the farmers, summoned by Asaja, UPA and COAG, announced this Friday that They will continue with the planned schedule in defense of the Spanish countryside, with cuts on the main roads and regional roads in February and March. At the moment, areas of Castilla-La Mancha, Aragón, Extremadura and the Valencian Community are registering total outages this Friday, while in regions such as Castilla y León there is irregular circulation. These are the areas with cuts, according to the updated information in the DGT interactive map at 1:45 p.m.
Road closures to Madrid
- Total cut of the RM-19 highway at km 13.4 in Balsicas (Murcia)
Road closures in Andalusia (Seville)
- Total road closure A-92 at km 200 in Carlardos (Granada)
- Total road closure A-45 at km 86.5 in Cartaojal (Málaga)
- Total road closure A-7282 at km 8 in Antequera (Málaga)
Road closures in Extremadura
- Total road closure N-432 at km 31 in Almendral (Badajoz)
- Total road closure EX-363 at km 9.5 in Alvarado – La Rica (Badajoz)
- Total road closure EX-328 at km 4 in Montijo (Badajoz)
- Total road closure EX-107 at km 71 in Almendranejo (Badajoz)
- Total road closure EX-105 at km 127.5 in Valverde de Leganes (Badajoz)
- Total road closure EX-112 at km 45 in Oliva de la Frontera (Badajoz)