No need to go to the Zonal Transport Office anymore for anything including driving license, driving license, getting RC book. The Central Road Transport and Highways Department has introduced the facility of getting 18 types of services online on Aadhaar basis.
The Central Ministry of Road Transport and Highways issued a statement in this regard yesterday. It says:
“In order to provide convenient and hassle-free services to the citizens, the Central Ministry of Road Transport and Highways will make the necessary comprehensive arrangements through the media and notifications to facilitate access to various services on Aadhaar basis,” it said.
It had already issued a draft notice on linking the Aadhaar number with the driving license and the RC book. These services are then introduced.
Accordingly, motorists do not have to go directly to the zonal transport for the 18 types of services related to vehicle licenses and vehicles.
If the driver’s license, along with the reference number in the archive, can be obtained online, the apprentice’s license, driver’s license renewal, duplicate driver’s license, change of address on the driver’s license can be obtained online.
Details of 18 types of services available online
1. Apprentice License (LLR)
2. Renewal of driving license (if driving is not required)
3. Duplicate driving license
4. Changing the driving license, address in the archive
5. Internationally licensed driver’s license
6. Handing over the vehicle license
7. Applying for a temporary registration for a vehicle
8. Applying for registration for a fully constructed vehicle
9. Applying for Duplicate Registration for Vehicle
10. Applying for NOC Certificate
11. Applying to change the owner of the vehicle
12. Applying for change of address in the vehicle RC book
13. Registration for application for training in an approved driving school
14. Applying for registration of use of the vehicle to higher authorities
15. Registration of the vehicle rental agreement
16. Termination of the contract after the expiry of the lease period of the vehicle
17. Applying for change of vehicle license
18. Applying for a new vehicle registration for vehicles used by embassy officials
It has been reported that these services can be obtained online.