In the St. Petersburg department of Rospotrebnadzor on Friday, August 26, they talked about how not to get poisoned by wild mushrooms.
As 78.ru notes, if mold is visible on the surface of the can after opening it, the product must be disposed of. Its use can be hazardous to health.
Canned mushrooms can be fraught with another danger – botulism, which is caused by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. To protect yourself, you need to eat only thermally processed canned mushrooms. When harvesting, it is better to dry or freeze them. They should only be stored in the refrigerator.
In addition, according to the department, a poisonous mushroom will not necessarily have a bad smell. So, for example, the pale grebe smells like mushrooms, but is deadly poisonous. Rospotrebnadzor reminded that heat treatment will not remove toxic toxins.
It is also noted that one should not eat a lot of mushrooms to avoid digestive problems.
Picking mushrooms is not worth it in the city and along the roads, as they absorb harmful substances.
On August 24, the chief sanitary doctor of the Krasnoyarsk Territory, Dmitry Goryaev, said that three cases of mushroom poisoning were recorded in the region in 2022. He recalled that not only poisonous mushrooms, but also edible ones can become dangerous for human health if they are not cooked correctly.