The Polish prosecutor’s office has charged a citizen of the republic for approving a special military operation (SVO) of Russia in Ukraine. On Wednesday, January 4, the press secretary of the district prosecutor’s office of Swidnica Tomasz Orepuk told reporters.
“Marcin M. is accused of approving the start and conduct of aggressive actions of the Russian Federation against Ukraine,” Orepuk said.
It is noted that, according to the prosecutor’s office, during the period from February 24, 2022 to March 4, 2022, in his profile on a social network on the Internet, he posted records endorsing the special operation.
Orepuk added that the accused faces up to five years in prison. According to him, according to the prosecutor’s office, Marcin M. is currently outside of Poland.
Earlier on the same day, it was reported that a Russian and a Belarusian would face trial in Poland on charges of espionage for Russia.
The special operation to protect the civilian population of Donbass, the beginning of which Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on February 24, continues. The decision was made against the background of the aggravation of the situation in the region due to shelling by the Ukrainian military.
For more up-to-date videos and details about the situation in Donbass, watch the Izvestia TV channel.