: Earn returns by investing hard earned money in a good way. Financial experts suggest that one can reach their goal with long-term investments. One can invest in equity and other markets for long term. However, there is more risk in them. Most people are not willing to take risks. Such people look for safe investments. The first thing they remember is fixed deposits. But, it does not have enough returns to beat inflation. Those with better returns and risk aversion can look into Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) bonds. These government sector bonds are available with a tenure of 10 to 15 years. The Government of India, various state governments, and public sector undertakings hold at least 51 per cent stake. Interest payments on these PSU bonds are once in a year or every six months. The principal amount is repaid on the maturity date of the bonds. However, those who want to invest in these public sector bonds should first check the key factors like their credit rating and interest rate. Let’s take a look at some AAA rated ones that offer an interest rate of over 9 percent.
- The interest rate on bonds offered by Canara Bank is 9.70 percent. Its maturity date is March, 2024.
- Export Import Bank of India offers 9.65 percent interest rate on bonds. Its maturity date is April, 2024.
- In India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited, 9.36 per cent interest is given on the bonds.. Their maturity will end on July 2042.
- The bonds of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited bear an interest rate of 9.39 per cent and mature in March, 2024.
- The interest rate of Power Grid Corporation of India bonds is 9.65 percent. Its maturity date will be February 2028.
- National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd. NTPC bonds have an interest of 9.35 percent. Its maturity date is 2032, July.
- The interest rate on the Nuclear Power Corporation of India bonds is 9.18 percent and the maturity date is January 2026.
- Rural Electrification Corporation Limited is paying 9.15 percent interest on bonds. Its maturity date will be February 2027.
- Power Finance Corporation Limited’s bonds carry an interest rate of 9.05 percent and maturity tenure will end on December 2030.