New Terms for Eligibility for Partner Program
- Minimum number of subscribers is 500
- Must have 3 video uploads in last 90 days
- 3,000 watch hours (total length of video viewed) or 3 million short video views within 90 days
Existing Partner Program Terms
- Minimum subscriber count is 1,000.
- 4,000 watch hours or 100 lakh short views in 90 days
Once eligible for the Partner Program, content creators will have access to YouTube’s tools like Super Thanks, Super Chat, and Super Stickers, which provide useful information for increasing reach. You also get access to channel memberships, which are subscription tools that help attract subscribers. Apart from this, you can also market your own products through YouTube shopping.
At the same time, Google announced that the relaxations made in the terms of the partner program will be effective from July. The exemptions announced will initially only apply to content creators in the United States, Canada, Britain, South Korea and Taiwan. Google has also hinted that the exemption will be granted to content creators in more fields soon.
To ‘sign-up’ in the Partner Program, eligible creators should visit YouTube Studio. Then follow the steps given below.
- Select ‘Earn’ from the left side menu
- After selecting ‘Apply Now’ to review, ‘Accept’ the basic terms given there.
- Select ‘Start’ to create Adsense account. If you already have an AdSense account, you can link it.
In early June, YouTube’s rival TikTok introduced ‘Series’, a facility that allows creators to charge followers a fee to gain access to premium content, provided they meet other additional criteria for those with 1,000 followers. Earlier only those with more than 10,000 followers were given access to the series.