- Hindi news
- Rahul Gandhi Modi Surname Case Update; Sonia Gandhi Ashok Gehlot | Priyanka Gandhi Bhupesh Baghel
face5 minutes ago
- copy link
Rahul left for Surat by Indigo flight at 12.30 noon. Priyanka Gandhi is also with him.
Rahul Gandhi left for Surat court on Monday, 11 days after being disqualified from the Lok Sabha. Earlier, at around 10.30 am, Sonia Gandhi reached Rahul’s house to meet him. After 1 hour of meeting Sonia, Rahul left his house for Surat. Along with Rahul, Priyanka Gandhi, Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot and Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel are also going to Surat.
Here, Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju has targeted the Congress. Rijiju said- When your (Rahul Gandhi) trial went on, then why didn’t you appeal. Now you are doing this drama to scare. You are doing this drama after the court convicted you. This is only to create pressure on the court. The Congress party considers the whole family above the country.
On March 23, the court sentenced him to 2 years in jail.
Let us tell you that on March 23, the Surat court convicted Rahul Gandhi in a defamation case related to the statement ‘Modi kyun hota hai for all thieves…’. He was sentenced to two years in jail and fined Rs 15,000. The court had given Rahul 30 days to appeal against the sentence. After this, Rahul is once again reaching Surat.
Congress in preparation for show of strength in Surat
Let us tell you that after getting the sentence on March 23, Rahul’s Lok Sabha membership was also canceled on March 24. After this, the Congress party is protesting against the central government in both the Houses of Parliament and across the country. Even during Rahul Gandhi’s arrival in Surat, the party is preparing for a show of strength. For this, along with the big leaders of the party, leaders and workers of other states have also reached Surat.
Congress workers have put up poster-banners outside the Surat court. Demonstrations are also happening here.
Updates so far
- Rahul Gandhi will reach Surat airport at 2.30 pm. From here, they will sit in the bus and go to the court. Priyanka and the Chief Minister of Rajasthan-Chhattisgarh will also be with him. They will reach the court at 3 o’clock.
- Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel said- I am going to Surat with my leader (Rahul Gandhi). How will my departure put pressure on the judiciary? What are the people of BJP doing in West Bengal and Bihar. So far no appeal has been made by PM Modi and Amit Shah.
- Surat DCP Sagar Bagmar said security has been beefed up outside the court in view of Rahul’s appearance. We are also searching and checking the vehicles.
- Outside the Surat court, the Congress has blocked the roads with posters and banners. Slogans like don’t be afraid, Satyamev Jayate and save democracy have been written in it.
- BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra said- Rahul Gandhi is going to Surat with his family members, Ashok Gehlot and Bhupesh Baghel. Here they will try to create hue and cry in the name of appeal against the sentence of 2 years. He asked Rahul and Congress, is this an attempt to put pressure on the judiciary?
This picture of Rahul Priyanka is from March 25, when both reached the Congress office together.
What action was taken in Congress on Rahul’s conviction, 3 important points…
1. Jail or appeal, the decision of the party leaders was divided into two parts
Sources told Bhaskar that the party was also divided into two parts against Rahul Gandhi’s sentence. A section wanted Rahul to go to the High Court against the decision. On the other hand, the other faction wanted that if Rahul goes to jail, then the party will get sympathy and it will be beneficial in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
2. Opinion formed in the party, political and legal battle should be fought
Sources reveal that the final opinion was that the battle should be fought in both political and legal fields. However, the delay in going to court against the sentence was cited by the party as the time taken to translate the judgment from Gujarati to English.
3. Rahul angry with his legal team
The party leadership was also divided on whether to challenge the verdict or go to jail. One view was that going to jail would create a wave of sympathy. The second was that not challenging would be considered as admitting a mistake. The final decision was left to Sonia Gandhi. It is said that Rahul Gandhi is also angry with his legal team, which did not seriously fight this case which has been going on for four years.
Will appear in Patna court on April 12, defamation case there too
In another defamation case, Rahul Gandhi has to appear in Patna court on April 12. It is alleged that Rahul had insulted those with Modi surname by calling them thieves. Let us tell you that five cases of defamation have been registered against Rahul in different states. In one of these cases, the Surat court has sentenced him to two years.
Also read about these defamation cases filed against Rahul Gandhi.
- 2014 Rahul Gandhi accused the Sangh of killing Mahatma Gandhi. A union worker had filed a case against Rahul under sections 499 and 500 of the IPC. This case is going on in Bhiwandi court of Maharashtra.
- 2016 A defamation case was registered against Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati, Assam under sections 499 and 500. According to the complainant, Rahul Gandhi had said that Sangh members did not allow him to enter the Barpeta Satra, a 16th-century Vaishnava monastery in Assam. This has damaged the image of the Sangh. This matter is also pending in the court.
- 2018 Another case was registered against Rahul Gandhi in Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand. This case is going on in the court of Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate of Ranchi. A defamation case of Rs 20 crore has been registered against Rahul under sections 499 and 500 of the IPC. In this, objection has been expressed to Rahul’s statement, in which he said ‘Modi is a thief’.
- 2018 Another defamation case was filed against Rahul Gandhi in Maharashtra. This case is going on in Shivdi Court located in Mazgaon. A defamation case has been registered under sections 499 and 500 of the IPC. The case was filed by the worker of the union. Rahul is accused of linking the murder of Gauri Lankesh with the ideology of the BJP and the Sangh.
- 2018 A defamation case was filed in the court by ADC Bank Chairman Ajay Patel. Rahul had alleged that after demonetisation on November 8, 2016, old notes worth Rs 745.58 crore were exchanged at the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank in five days. Union Home Minister Amit Shah is also included in the directors of this bank.
- 2017 In 2010, a defamation complaint was filed in Mumbai against Rahul Gandhi for allegedly linking the RSS to the murder of journalist Gauri Lankesh in Bengaluru. The complainant said that the spirit of the statement of the accused is defamatory and tarnishing the image of the Sangh in the eyes of the people.
- 2018 In the Rafale fighter jet deal, Rahul made fun of the BJP and wrote the caption while tweeting – The Sad Truth About India Commander in Thief. In this case, a defamation case was filed against Rahul in a Gurgaon court.
- 2019 In Jabalpur, the then BJP President Amit Shah was accused of murder. Regarding this, a defamation case was filed against Rahul in the Ahmedabad court.
- 2019 In Jharkhand, Rahul said – Congress will not accept the murderer of the BJP as the party president. A defamation case was filed in Chaibasa and Ranchi on his statement.
- 2022 Rahul said that Savarkar signed an apology from the British before independence. Savarkar’s grandson Vinayak Savarkar filed a complaint in Mumbai’s Shivaji Park police station in the case.
Understand the whole story of MP and going to bungalow after Rahul’s punishment in 5 points…
March 23: Rahul gets punishment in defamation case
Surat court sentenced Rahul to 2 years imprisonment on 23rd March. However, he got bail after 27 minutes. In 2019, he had given a statement regarding the Modi surname in the assembly of Karnataka. It was said – Why all thieves have Modi as their surname. After this, Gujarat’s BJP MLA Purnesh Modi filed a defamation case against Rahul.
March 24: Rahul’s membership of Parliament canceled
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s Parliament membership was canceled on March 24 at around 2.30 pm. He was a member of the Lok Sabha from Wayanad, Kerala. The Lok Sabha Secretariat issued a letter giving information about this. Rahul’s name has also been removed from the website of the Lok Sabha. In fact, the Supreme Court had said in a 2013 judgment that if any MP or MLA is found guilty in a lower court, he would be disqualified for membership of Parliament or Legislative Assembly. Under this rule, Rahul’s parliament membership has been cancelled.
March 25: Rahul held a 28-minute press conference
After becoming an MP, Rahul held a press conference on 25 March. Rahul said, ‘BJP tries to divert attention. Sometimes she will talk about OBC, sometimes she will talk about the statement made abroad. These people can’t stop me by canceling my membership. Whether I get membership or not, I will do my work. Even if it disqualifies me permanently, I will do my job. It doesn’t matter whether I am inside the Parliament or outside.
March 26: Congress did Sankalp Satyagraha across the country
On March 26, the Congress organized a nationwide Sankalp Satyagraha against the cancellation of Rahul Gandhi’s Lok Sabha membership. Big leaders like Priyanka Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge, Adhir Ranjan reached Rajghat early in the morning. Priyanka Gandhi said that till date we have remained silent, so you kept insulting our family. I want to ask how much you will insult a man. File a case against me, but the truth is that the Prime Minister of this country is a coward.
March 27: Rahul receives notice to vacate the bungalow.
On March 27, the Lok Sabha Housing Committee sent a notice to Rahul to vacate the bungalow. The committee asked him to vacate the official residence at 12 Tughlaq Road by April 22. On the other hand, on March 27, the opposition did a black protest regarding Rahul’s departure from the parliament. 17 opposition parties participated in it. Sonia Gandhi also reached the Parliament wearing black clothes. Kharge said, ‘Why have we come in black clothes? We want to show that PM Modi is destroying democracy in this country.