New Delhi: The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) has ordered the immediate closure of schools, colleges, theaters and gyms as the corona spread in Delhi has begun to increase. Various restrictions on the opening of shops and public transport have been imposed and a yellow alert has been issued.
The Delhi government had declared a night curfew from Monday following the rising prevalence of corona virus, especially omega, in Delhi. As a precautionary measure restrictions were imposed as people would gather in large numbers during the festive season. In this context, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today held consultations with officials of the Delhi Disaster Management Authority. Various restrictions were imposed at the conclusion of this consultation.
- According to the yellow warning, shops, non-essential services, and shopping malls should only be open from 10am to 8pm in odd, even numbered order.
- The night curfew begins an hour earlier. The curfew will be in effect from 10 pm to 5 am until further notice.
- No more than 20 people should attend a wedding or funeral. Apart from this, social, political, cultural and religious events are also prohibited.
- Only 50 percent of all metro trains must carry passengers. Auto and rental cars should not seat more than two passengers. Only 50 percent of passengers should be allowed on buses.
- Vegetable markets and market areas will only be allowed to open 50 per cent of the shops at a zone rate per week.
- Restaurants and hotels should allow up to 50 percent of customers. Hotels can only operate from 8am to 10pm. Liquor bars can operate from 12 noon to 10 p.m.
- Theaters, meeting halls, spa, gym, yoga hall, parks, swimming pool, schools, colleges, educational institutions are not allowed to open.
- Private offices can operate with up to 50 percent staff. Only 50 per cent of the staff in the Delhi government office can come and work in person, with the exception of some departments.
- Places of worship are open. But, no one is allowed inside.
Thus it is stated