The explanation is that this attack is in response to the drone attack on them on 17th of this month. Drone and missile attacks have been carried out against US bases and personnel in Iraq and Syria. It is alleged that Syria is behind these attacks.
The U.S. Department of Defense said at least 19 attacks by Iran-backed forces have been carried out against U.S. forces as of Thursday.
A contractor, a US citizen, died of cardiac arrest following this attack. Apart from that, around 21 US soldiers were also injured. However, the United States has informed through a statement that their injuries are not serious and they have returned to work.
President Joe Biden had warned Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei over the attack on US troops in Syria. After that there is an attack.
The attack took place on the weapons depots in the Syrian city of Abu Kamal, which shares the border with Iraq. The international news agency Reuters reports that the US carried out airstrikes on two F16 fighter jets.
US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters that the message had been delivered directly. However, it is not clear how it was handed over.
Iran’s foreign minister also blamed the US for the Israeli-Hamas conflict. Iran’s Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahine said at the UN on Thursday that the US will not be freed from the firefight if it does not end its offensive against Hamas.
Also Read: Owaisi said that the Qatar issue had already been raised; Congress and AAP demanding to be saved
Read Latest World News and Malayalam News
Subscribe to the Malayalam WhatsApp channel to know the latest news and features quickly