(CNN) — A Houston man who disappeared as a teenager more than eight years ago has been found safe, the Texas Center for the Missing. Rudolph “Rudy” Farias IV had been missing since March 6, 2015, according to a missing persons brochure.
Someone called 911 after finding him unconscious outside a church, with cuts and bruises, Farias’ mother told CNN affiliate KTRK. She believes he was mistreated and beaten, KTRK reported.
“After 8 long years, Rudy was located safely,” said a tweet from the Texas Center for the Missing.
“Please continue to keep his family in your prayers as Rudy recovers in the hospital.”
Farias, then 17, was walking her two dogs in northwest Houston when she went missing, CNN affiliate KHOU reported.
According to Farias’ mother, he will only utter a few words before rolling into a fetal position. She hopes it’s a long road of healing, she told KTRK.
It is not clear where the man was.
According to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, nearly 360,000 missing child reports were made to the FBI in 2022, a number that may include duplicates.
CNN’s Lauren Mascarenhas and Alisha Ebrahimji contributed to this article.