Hyderabad: Indian cricketer Subman Gill has scored a double century in ODI against New Zealand. With this, he has created the record of being the youngest player to score a double century in ODI cricket. He also became the 5th Indian to score a double century in ODI cricket.
He scored 208 runs off 149 balls against New Zealand in Hyderabad. It included 19 fours and 9 sixes. His strike rate is 139.60. With this, he became the youngest player to score a double century in ODI cricket at 23 years and 132 days. He also holds the record of being the Indian player who scored most runs in a single innings against the New Zealand team in ODI cricket.
He also holds the record of being the Indian who has crossed 1000 runs in the shortest innings (19 innings) in ODI cricket.
Milestone – Shubman Gill becomes the fastest Indian to score 1000 ODI runs in terms of innings (19)
— BCCI (@BCCI) January 18, 2023
Indians who scored a double century in ODI cricket
- Sachin Tendulkar vs South Africa: 200 runs – 2010
- Sehwag vs West Indies: 219 runs – 2011
- Rohit Sharma vs Australia: 209 runs – 2013
- Rohit Sharma vs Sri Lanka: 264 runs – 2014
- Rohit Sharma vs Sri Lanka: 208 runs – 2017
- Ishan Kishan vs Bangladesh: 210 runs – 2022
- Subman Gill vs New Zealand: 208 runs – 2023