HouseFresh, the indoor air quality consulting company, researched which neighborhoods Americans want to move to, finding that the preferred one is northeast of Dallas, Texas.
To reach this result, the company analyzed Zillow’s sales listings for the 100 most populous cities in the United States and identified each home’s neighborhood, number of days listed on Zillow, and number of page views. It then calculated the page views per day for each listing and averaged the number of daily views in each neighborhood.
The analysis found that homes for sale in Northeast Dallas get the most views by a gap of nearly 4,000 a day. The median price is $465,173, a fraction of the price for second place in the Hollywood Hills ($2.3 million).
“While the celebrity mecca of Los Angeles gets a lot of curiosity clicks, Northeast Dallas probably can attribute its popularity to genuine interest from buyersas the market caters well to a wide range of property hunters, including families, immigrants, and singles,” the report says.
Among the results of the study, it stands out that:
· Northeast Dallas in Texas is the neighborhood that most interests buyers, with 36,113 daily visits on Zillow.
The Warehouse District Durham in North Carolina has only 12 daily viewsthe fewest of any neighborhood on Zillow.
· The Upper East Side is the most desirable neighborhood in New York Citywith 24,125 daily visits.
· Central City East is the least desired neighborhood in Los Angeleswith only 408 Zillow property views per day.
America’s 10 Favorite Neighborhoods
Neighborhood: (1) Northeast Dallas
Total Views: 36,113
Neighborhood: (2) Hollywood Hills
City: The Angels
Total Views: 32,216
Neighborhood: (3) Camelback East
Total Views: 30,366
Neighborhood: (4) La Jolla
City: San Diego
Total Views: 25,735
Neighborhood: (5)Upper East Side
City: New York
Total Views: 24,125
Neighborhood: (6) North Mountain
Total Views: 22,527
Neighborhood: (7) Summerlin North
City: Las Vegas
Total Views: 22,221
Total views: 20,519
Total Views: 20,465
Neighborhood: (10) Deer Valley
Total Views: 19,624
To see the complete list, enter here.
· Increases in rents and rents: why more and more Americans choose to buy a house
· 72% of renters in the US believe they will never have enough money to buy a house
FreddieMac sees a good omen for long-term mortgage rate trajectory