The military of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) and foreign mercenaries participating in the hostilities torture and shoot civilians in the Kharkiv region. This was announced on September 16 by the head of the military-civilian administration (MCA) of the Kharkiv region Vitaly Ganchev.
“We hear every day about more and more atrocities. How people are tied to trees just because they have received Russian passports, these passports are then nailed to their feet, how people are shot in the streets,” Ganchev said in a video posted on the Telegram channel of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration.
He clarified that this is happening, in particular, in Izyum, Kupyansk, Veliky Burluk and Volchansk.
“Currently, the situation in the Kharkiv region remains extremely difficult. People are held hostage, one might say, they are forced to stay on the territory and cannot leave it, they are subjected to bullying and torture by Ukrainian armed forces and Western mercenaries,” Ganchev said.
The head of the CAA also said that it is difficult to determine whether those who torture and kill civilians belong to the armed forces, national battalions or the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU). It is known that in their ranks there are many of those who “do not know the Russian and Ukrainian languages.”
“This is a “civilized war” on the part of the Ukrainian army!” – summed up Ganichev.
Earlier that day, Andrei Marochko, officer of the second corps of the People’s Militia of the LPR, said that the intelligence of the republic revealed the arrival of NATO career officers in the part of the Kharkov region controlled by Kyiv. He noted that the purpose of their business trip to the area was to organize interaction between foreign and Ukrainian units.
In addition, on September 12, Strana reported that American mercenaries had entered Izyum, posting a video to that effect. On the footage, a group of servicemen posed against the backdrop of the entrance stele to the city.
As the head of the National Center for Defense Control of the Russian Federation, Colonel-General Mikhail Mizintsev, said on August 10, the Kyiv regime is planning a punitive operation in Kharkov to identify citizens loyal to Russia, they plan to torture them. It was clarified that, according to the defense department, the detainees would be subjected to threats of physical violence against members of their families, violence and torture, as had already happened in Odessa, Nikolaev, Slavyansk, Sumy, Chernihiv and other settlements.
On February 24, Russia launched a special operation to protect Donbass. The decision was made against the background of the aggravation of the situation in the region as a result of shelling by the Ukrainian military.
For more up-to-date videos and details about the situation in Donbass, watch the Izvestia TV channel.