Being mothers, Lara Díaz and Julia Oliver found it difficult to find children’s shoes that were respectful of the growth of their feet and that, in addition, were made with ecological and biodegradable materials. After seeking advice from a podiatrist and contacting a designer with more than 30 years of experience, this pair of friends began working on the creation of their own line of children’s footwear. They explain that more than a year and a half passed from when they had the idea until they finally put the first pair of Muris on sale, at the beginning of April 2023. “We delayed the release to the market because we wanted to be sure of having a first-class product. Julia Oliver notes.
The term you died comes from the Mexican community known as tarahumaras, rarámuris or, what is the same, the one with light feet. This is precisely the goal pursued by the entrepreneurs, that children have practically the same sensation as if they were without shoes thanks to lightweight footwear that protects the feet while imitating the sensation of walking barefoot. On the other hand, the toes are wider and do not contain plastics, to maintain freedom of movement, enhance the child’s autonomy and eliminate any type of element that hinders the development of the foot, according to the firm.
The designs are created in Barcelona, where the company is based, and manufacturing is carried out in Portugal from biomaterials produced from grape residue. “We tried to manufacture in Spain, but it was more complicated,” admits Lara Díaz. They have started with 20,000 pairs of shoes this year, of which they plan to sell 40% in Spain and the remaining 60% in other European countries, especially Portugal and the Nordic countries. At the moment, they sell exclusively through their online store.