Including zucchini in your diet will help improve digestion and help you lose weight. Polina Zharkova, an endocrinologist at My Service Med, told Izvestia about the beneficial properties of the vegetable on June 13.
“Zucchini is a great helper in the fight against excess weight. It has only 24 kilocalories per 100 g. It is 95% water, and the remaining 5% is healthy fiber, trace elements and vitamins. Due to the low starch content and high fiber content, zucchini helps not to overeat, improves digestion and cleanses the intestines, ”explained the expert.
According to her, the benefits of zucchini are also due to the presence of a large amount of vitamin C in its composition – almost 70% of the daily value. In addition, this vegetable is a powerful antioxidant that prevents premature cell aging. Zucchini is involved in the restoration of the skin, blood vessels, bones and teeth.
“It also stimulates the synthesis of leukocytes, the white blood cells responsible for fighting infection. Vitamin A contained in zucchini protects the eyes, strengthens the immune system and improves reproductive function,” Zharkova continued.
Equally important are the B and PP vitamins, which are responsible for the functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems. They are involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates and amino acids, improve bowel function, restore skin, hair and nails, the endocrinologist added.
On June 8, Oksana Mikhaleva, an endocrinologist, dietitian at the SM-Clinic, Candidate of Medical Sciences, spoke about the unique benefits of radish, classifying it as one of the lowest-calorie vegetables. According to her, this product improves bowel function and the condition of bones, hair and skin, and also helps to quickly feel full.