A sequel to the hunt for ganja in railway stations
It is important to protect the elderly and bedridden patients from covid: Minister Veena George
Thiruvananthapuram: Health Minister Veena George said it is important to protect the elderly and bedridden patients from Covid. Covid-19 deaths are mostly reported in people above 60 years of age and those with lifestyle diseases like diabetes and hypertension. 85 percent of Covid deaths have been reported in people above 60 years of age. The remaining 15 percent have other serious illnesses. 5 people who did not go out of the house have died of covid. Therefore, special care should be given to bedridden patients and elderly people at home. Make sure they are not affected by covid. The minister also requested to wear a mask to cover the mouth and nose while going out.
If the elderly and the infirm stay at home, others who go out should take extra care. They should strictly follow the Covid guidelines. They should also wear mask properly while going out. They should not come in close contact with such people without washing their hands with soap and water. It is better for everyone who goes in crowds to wear a mask. Wash hands frequently with hand sanitizer or soap and water. People with lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, elderly, pregnant women and children should wear masks. If they have symptoms of covid disease, they should be tested. Masks are also mandatory in hospitals. Other safety measures should also be adopted.
All districts should continue to conduct proper Covid reviews. Keeping in view the increase in the number of Covid patients, the hospital facilities should be increased according to the surge plan. Ensure availability of oxygen. A special meeting of private hospitals will be called. Those in care homes, bedridden patients and those in tribal areas should be specially monitored. Special care should also be taken by staff in places requiring special care such as care homes and nursing homes. They should wear N95 mask while dealing with such people. Make sure they don’t get covid. Anyone with symptoms should be screened and treated.
Read Latest Gulf News and Malayalam News