Slovenian Aleksander Ceferin, president of the European Football Association (UEFA), is not afraid of the possibility of taking legal action that would revive the (European Super League), broken off from the continental competitions, which was previously called by twelve of the elite clubs in the old continent. .
Ceferin, 54, said in an interview with the Italian newspaper “Gazzetta dello Sport”, on Sunday: “Whatever the court’s decision, it will not change anything, the project is dead because no one wants to participate.”
Spanish football giants Real Madrid and Barcelona, as well as Italy’s Juventus, continue to seek to break away from the UEFA competitions, but the other nine rebellious clubs, including Manchester United and Liverpool, in England, have succumbed to European Football Association threats of the possibility of imposing severe penalties on teams participating in the Super League.
It was decided to transfer the issue of establishing the Super League to the European Court of Justice, where it is expected to consider it next July.
In response to Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp and Manchester City coach Guardiola’s complaint about the number of matches in a season, Ceferin said: Leagues of 18 teams are more useful than the largest, having two domestic cups is too many for some, it is easy to attack the European Union immediately. But if you play fewer games, you will get less money, so factory workers who earn €1,000 a month should complain.