Smoke at TPP-1 in Ulan-Ude occurred as a result of a fire in the electrical wiring. This was announced on December 23 by the city administration.
“At Ulan-Ude CHPP-1, there was smoke as a result of ignition of electrical wiring,” the statement says.
As the mayor of the city Igor Shutenkov specified, the area of the fire was 60 square meters. m., there were two fires. Nobody was injured as a result of the accident.
“Now I am in full swing to eliminate the consequences of the accident. All services and forces of the city are involved. To maintain the regime in the city’s heat supply system, specialists transfer the heat load to Ulan-Ude TPP-2, ”the head of the Republic of Buryatia, Aleksey Tsydenov, told reporters.
According to him, because of the accident at CHPP-1, only three boilers out of seven are in operation.
The governor warned that the heat supply is limited in the Zheleznodorozhny region of the republic. The authorities asked residents not to bring them to educational institutions.
At the time of the restoration of the operation of CHP-1 in the city, the work of a number of kindergartens and schools will be suspended, he added.
Earlier, employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations liquidated the fire at CHPP-1. It is specified that the temperature of the coolant is 70 degrees.
The fire at the oldest combined heat and power plant in Buryatia was reported in the GUMChS in the region. Information about the fire was received at the rescuers’ console at 03:45 (22:45 Moscow time on Wednesday). Later, in connection with the accident in Ulan-Ude, an emergency regime was declared. Now operational headquarters are working at the scene of the accident and in urban areas.