Something so romantic and small that can often go unnoticed is the danger of a kiss and the diseases that can be contracted with it.
Although kissing can be an extraordinary experience with the person you love, there are things you should consider to protect your health, since a kiss It may be the contagion of more than one disease.
Everyone knows that a kiss is one of the most significant expressions for humans in terms of interpersonal relationships, since it is a method that reflects affection, happiness and gratitude of a person.
However, it is very important to consider that the mouth is the part of the body where they are housed. millions of bacteria So it is ideal to have very healthy oral hygiene habits to prevent risks from the exchange of saliva, such as certain diseases, including herpes and infectious mononucleosis.
A study carried out by the scientific journal ‘Microbiome‘ From a test done with macrobiotic yogurt, it was revealed that a couple shares about 80 million bacteria with a kiss of just 10 seconds, which when passed from one mouth to another can be responsible for bad breath, cavities or gum disease.
Regardless of the bacteria, kisses can also be beneficial for the body, as it helps reduce stress levels, release endorphins and improve the immune system, so if you don’t want to ruin a romantic moment with your partner you can follow the following tips :
– Brush your teeth with toothpaste containing fluoride, at least twice a day, especially after meals
– Uses oral irrigators to eliminate food debris that is trapped between teeth and gums and that can cause bad breath and diseases such as gingivitis
– He mouthwash can eliminate bacteria and fight bad breath for up to 12 hours
– Maintain a good hydration is very important, so drinking water throughout the day can help keep your mouth hydrated
– A healthy diet that includes fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains
– You must limit the consumption of alcohol and tobacco
– Attend the dentist regularly so that professionals can detect and treat any dental problems that arise