Tel Aviv: Israel has announced today (Monday) that it is going to release previously unseen footage of the attack by Hamas on October 7, which killed around 1,400 Israelis.
The Israeli government, which calls the Hamas attack an attempt to exterminate the Jewish people, said the move was to be carried out in response to the doubts raised by individuals about the atrocities committed by Hamas.
In a video message published by Israel’s government spokesman Elan Levy on the X page, we are witnessing the phenomenon of contemporary Holocaust denial.
He posted a video message saying that Israel will release the unedited body cameras of its suicide bombers during the attacks carried out by Hamas on Oct. 7 to foreign journalists. In the video, he said, “Unfortunately I will say this and I cannot believe that we as a country will do this. On Monday, the government press office will show footage of the brutal attack by Hamas terrorists against our people on October 7 for foreign journalists.”
The video, which has never been released to the public, shows Israelis being brutally killed and hundreds taken hostage. In the meantime, with the testimonies of many survivors and the work of rescuing and identifying the victims going on, accusations are being raised on social networks that Israel is exaggerating the Hamas attack on October 7.
As of Monday, 1,400 Israelis have died in the conflict between Israel and Hamas. 220 Israelis were captured and taken to Gaza. In response to this, more than 4,300 people have died in the Gaza Strip in the attacks carried out by the Israeli army on Hamas terrorists. More than 14,000 people were injured.
It is worth noting that the government of Israel has announced the release of these videos while diplomatic efforts are being made at the international level to end the Israel-Hamas war.