khaskhabar.com : Thursday, November 23, 2023 12:45 PM
New Delhi. Elon Musk said Thursday that X will start showing news headlines again, after the platform stopped showing headlines with URLs in previews last month for better aesthetics.
In a post on X, Musk said that headlines will return along with news articles in an upcoming update.
“In an upcoming release, the title will be overlayed on top of the URL card image,” the social media platform owner said.
However, the headlines will still appear on the image.
“Every pixel counts,” Musk said.
After the change in October, users had to actually click or tap on the URL card to access the title or read the headlines.
The update comes as several top companies, including IBM, Apple, Disney, Warner Bros., Discovery, Paramount and Comcast/NBCUniversal, halted advertising on X as Musk continued to support far-right viewpoints and agreed with those posts. Those who promote anti-Semitism.
Musk then sued the left-leaning nonprofit Media Matters, accusing him of interference with contract, trade disparagement and interference with potential economic benefits.
The non-profit organization alleged in a report last week that Ax was placing advertisements from major brands like Apple and IBM next to content promoting Adolf Hitler and his Nazi Party.
Due to this, many high-profile brands stopped their advertising on X.
X CEO Linda Yaccarino said she is committed to truth and fairness on the platform.
read this also – Click to read the news of your state/city before the newspaper.